Monday, July 12, 2010

Flower tutorial using Diamond Dust

Good Morning and happy Monday. I hope your weekend was enjoyable.
Today I would like to share with you how I use Distress Ink and Diamond Dust to get a really glitzy flower. First I choose the flowers I'd like to spice up, My Distress Ink and my H20 brush filled with water.
Dip the brush in the Distress Ink and I dab the tips to get the color you want. I needed a brighter color blue and here you see I started off with a pale blue flower and ended with exactly the color I was looking for.
Next I use a white glue, in this case I chose to use Scotch adhesive and dabbed the tips. Taking a spoon I sprinkled the Diamond Dust on the flower and let dry.Here is the results. Pretty glitzy right? You can add less glue and less Diamond Dust for less glitz I tend to get a little crazy. LOLHere is what I needed my glitzy flower for.
I hope you have enjoyed today's flower tutorial and that I have inspired you. Have a Glitzy day!
Hugs Bonnie :o)

9 comments:

chris said...

Thanks Bonnie, will have to go shopping! great idea.
hugs chris xx

Patricia Mae said...

Thanks Bonnie for another great flower tutorial I love seeing them I can't wait for the next one. I love how your flowers always look.
~Patricia

Elise said...

Oh Sweet Bons! You must have read my mind! lol .. I just bought those Twinklers like 3 days ago, and wondered what kind of glue would work best. :)

You are a FABULOUS tutorialer (is that a word?! lol!) Well, I LOVE your tutorials and the wonderous things you do with your gorgeous flowers! Amazing! Thank you for sharing all your tips and tricks with us! BEAUTIFUL work Bons!!!

Big Hugs to YOU!
Elise

Berry said...

Stunning as ever Bonnie! Thanks for sharing, I will be def trying this out hugs Rebekah xx

Unknown said...

Bonnie your flowers thoroughly stand out in blogland. Your cards truely caught my eye and I had to be a follower! So nice of you to share this tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration.
Alicia xx

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Fab tutorial! Beautiful box! I have a huge tub of Diamond Dust that I keep forgeting to use. That's what happens when you have too much stuff...LOL.

I went to see Eclipse on Sat and I luv'd it. Edward look soooooooo HOT!!!

xoxo,
Lori

Chelsea said...

Really beautiful Bonnie.
Nothing better then adding a bit of glitz and glam to these beautiful flowers. It looks amazing on your card.
Luv,
Chelsea

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Very cool sweet cheeks. *wink* I SO love all your floweriness, and definitely appreciate when you open your studio door and let us peek over your shoulder.

I have that big, whopping container of Diamond Dust - I should bring it out for more than just snowflakes, huh? Thanks for the toot!

Cheers,
Susan

Kristine said...

OH, so THAT'S how you add the sugar crystal (looking) stuff to your flowers! Where do you buy that huge jar of glitter?? It's awesome sized glitter for tops of flowers. I've never seen that here :( Maybe I can buy it online??? :) But would love to know where you get it and if they have an online store. THANKS!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...