Thursday, April 21, 2011

M5D new image release and a Step by Step Tutorial

Good Morning I hope every ones weeks has been great thus far. I have been busy putting this book- box/card together. I saw it somewhere out in blog land a while ago and it's been on my to-do list forever. I really wish I knew where I saw it so I could give that person credit for their creativity. I used one of McMahon Five Designs newest digi called "Mommies Hat". Isn't she adorable? I just love her big fluffy feather.
Supplies Needed
Heavy paper (I use Canson water color paper)
Ruler
Scissors/paper cutter
Scoring tool
Ink
Glue/Double sided tape
Decorative Punch
Designer paper
Lace/ribbon
Embellishments
*********************************
 cut 2 pieces of your water color paper measuring 10cmX 24cm
cut 2 more pieces of water color paper measuring 12cmX 24cm
(sorry the penny is just a focal point for my camera)
Score all the way down the long side at
2cm, 4cm, 6cm, 8cm, 10cm, 12cm, 14cm, 16cm, 18cm, 20cm, 22cm
Follow these directions on all 4 pieces
When you score and fold they should look like an accordion
If you prefer to ink them do so now before gluing
Take one of the 10cm pieces and one of the 12cm and stack the folds
Glue just the end flaps
This show the flaps on both sides
Make sure you hold it firmly until the glue is dry
Follow the same directions with all 4 pieces
When it's all glued together it should look like this.
Just a side profile showing the inside and out.
Cut 2 pieces of the water color paper measuring 12 1/2cmX 3cm
Cut another 2 pieces of water color paper measuring 10.16cm or (4 inches) X 3cm
(Sorry I forgot to write X 3cm on my picture)
Take your decorative punch and punch all 4 pieces and ink them up
When you glue them onto the box they should look like this
Just a side profile
Cut a piece of you water color paper measuring 9 1/16 in X 4 13/16 inch
Score at 4 1/16 inch and 5 inches
This will be the book cover
(Oopsies I just realized I switched from cm to inches)
Cut out panels for all sides of the book cover
Before gluing you cover on glue one strip of your lace or ribbon
Follow these direction for the inside bottom glue the ribbon and cover it with your decorative paper
Glue down your panels and book to the right side of the book cover
embellish as desired
I really really hope you give this a try and if so I would love to see your creation.
 Good luck and have fun!
Hugs Bonnie

24 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

OMG Sis Im so scraplifting this I love it! You have had your crafty little hands busy I can't wait to see whats next.
~Patricia

Hellma said...

Wow this looks amazing, on my todo list.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a beautiful project- I am so visual- love the picture tutorial- this is going on my to do list- Thanks for the fabulous inspiration Bonnie!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

I have seen a similar tut before, but you make it look much easier. Thanks for the wonderful tut. Now i finally can try this one.

Hugs...mona

Berry said...

This is fab Bonnie! Thanks for the great tutrial too! Hugs Rebekah xx

Raven B said...

ADORE this so much I am going to have to make one of these oh goodness it is just perfect.
Hugs,
Raven

Chelsea said...

Great tutorial Bonnie! I want to give this a try, thanks for the inspiration. :) Love the cute image, just beautiful work as always.
Love,
Chelsea

Elise said...

Okay?!!!!!! OMG, this is freakin' gorgeous! Your tutorials are always so awesome!!!! hmmmm .. shall I give this one a try? lol .. yea right .. knowing ME .. my book would definitely fall apart. lol .. I guess I should just leave the wonderfully creative things to you. hehe! :) You have coloured this image FABULOUSLY!!! Woman, you totally ROCK!

Love,
Elise

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fabulous! Love the paper!

Marimer said...

Muchas gracias por este increible tutorial, tenia ganas de ver como se hacia y lo has hecho muy facil. Quizas me decida.
Precioso blog, todos los trabajos son super creativos, enhorauena.
Besitos.

XxJULESxX said...

wow just stunning!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome creation Bonnie this looks absolutely wonderful the colours and image also the book card itself, wowwww.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Wow Wow Wow this is amazing. Thank you for the tutorial. Hugs, Wendy x

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Great tutorial. Your coloring of the image is fabulous! So much better than mine! Love your magnolia card above too. Wow! What a ton of intricate detail. So beautiful!

iruha said...

Thank you very much for the tutorial! I made ​​a box :)
http://iruuuha.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post_15.html

Galina said...

Good idea! Really liked the box.

Loz said...

I love this!! thanks so much for the tutorial! ♥

Unknown said...

Yesterday I discovered a tutuorial by Cammi on Cuttin' Up blog maybe this is where you saw it. I did find lots of other sites though when I googled 'Book box'
Yours is very pretty.

val090 said...

Wow what a stunning card. Can't wait to try this!! TFS

Linda said...

Really inspired to try a box card now. Thanks for sharing. Linda H

Cath Wilson said...

What a lovely idea! Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing x

Janet Baldwin said...

This is brilliant. Thanks so much for the very clear tutorial. I am going to have a go at this one!

Rê Monteiro said...

Lindo! Obrigada pelo tutorial muito bem explicado.
Beijocas no coração.

Ne-Ja said...

I made a few of this "book boxes" and I love it. It needs a lot of work but the final look is amazing :). Thanks for sharing tutorial!

pa pa
Ne-ja


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...