Thursday, April 7, 2011

McMahon Five Designs and Basket making Tutorial

I am so very excited to show you today's project that I created using one of McMahon Five Designs newest image called "Gift Of Spring". I created this lovely little Easter Basket which I also included a step by step tutorial on how it's made. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for popping in. Hugs Bonnie
Supplies needed:
heavy card stock
decorative paper
punch
ruler
scoring tool
scissors
glue or double sided tape
embellishments
*****************************
***Please note the penny is showing so my camera had something to focus on***

Cut your heavy card stock measuring 21cm X 21cm
Score both sides at 7cm and 14cm creating 9 equal scored squares
Cut on scored line as shown opposite to each other
Use your decorative punch on both sides that are not cut
Use glue or double sided tape and fold the cut ends creating basket
This is what your basket should look like at this point
 Use punch to make the basket handle measuring approximately 4cm wide X 22cm long
 Add decorative paper to your handle then use double sided tape or glue to attach the handle to the inside of the basket
Add panels using your decorative designer paper to the outsides of basket.
Embellish as desired adding goodies to the inside making it a fabulous gift! Good luck and have fun.
I am submitting my card into the following challenges
Our Vintage Affair April altered Easter decoration

23 comments:

Berry said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! I have just made a basket just like this today and will post it tomorrow, so fabulously easy! hugs Rebekah xx

Ms. Jen said...

Bonnie!!!! Dang, girl this is so super cute. Thanks for the tut. I think I might have to make some for my little neighbor kids. You did a fantastico job - love it!

Hugs - Jen

Janine - Ellabella said...

Oh my word this is very a beautiful creation, and such a lovely basket I love the spring colour combo and your colouring is super. Janine

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my goodness this is so pretty. What a beauty filled with so many luscious details. I hope to make one of these this weekend! You have inspired me!!! You work is always a beauty to behold!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just beautiful Bonnie! I love the pretty image and how beautifully colored it is- and the great embellishments you used- love the flower and the butterfly! Thanks for the visuals!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for the tutorial!

Kristine said...

This is so gorgeous Bonnie!! I love your ribbon treatment, image on the front etc. I just made a basket tutorial too (for La-La Land Crafts) yesterday which starts out exactly like this! But the front pieces are cut a bit differently. Love your Tute--thanks for sharing!! =)

Raven B said...

This is so super fabulous. That coloring WOW! Great tutorial btw.
Hugs,
Raven

Elise said...

Oh-my-GOOOOOSH!!! CinnaBONS!!! This is so PRECIOUS! ackkkk, I want to drop everything and try this right this minute! Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL tutorial!

And must I say?! Your basket is just STUNNING! I am not kidding, I mean, it makes my heart like .. melty or something! The colors, the image, all the embellies .. oh oh oh oh MY!!!! This is incredibly BEAU-TI-FUL!!!

Love ya,
Elise

AN said...

OII--kuinka kaunis kori! Kiitos selkeästä ohjeesta -laitan tämän kirjanmerkkeihin :)
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen tällä viikolla
Onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää sinun elämääsi--

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is such a stunning basket!! Love the details, your coloring is amazing and love ribbon! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week and good luck! Hugs & Sunshine/Sari

downrightcrafty said...

oh so pretty and delicately vintage and love the tutorial too, thank you for sharing with us at Our Vintage Affair
Hugs Kate xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it!

loriete said...

Such a beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing - your tutorial is fantastic, and basket is so delicous! Thanks for playing with us at OVA!

Aly's mom said...

I love the basket! Thanks for the idea!

Toni said...

Bonnie... this is just beautiful... the tutorial is wonderful. What a pretty Easter decoration. Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair

Terry said...

Pretty! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Elena Litvinova said...

very nice! thanks for a job blog OVA!
Hugs. Elena

Patricia Mae said...

Beautiful basket!! I love the tutorial I might have to make one. Thanks for sharing.
~Patricia

Carolyn said...

This is so sweet and beautiful Bonnie! I would love to make one of these sometime. I hope I can remember where to come to find the awesome tutorial. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

Hugs,
Carolyn

Ирина Долгих said...

Thank you for this idea. I maid some basket tooday.
Happy Easter!

Maca said...

It's very nice!

Nino Nurmadi , S.Kom said...

ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com
ninonurmadi.com


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...